Welcome to the Metra Engineering page. This page was created by the Engineering Division to provide information for consultants and project team members. From here, you have instant access to critical project information such as documents, drawings, images, and other important data.
Stations and Parking Design
Metra is responsible for developing guidelines for the Design, Stations & Parking projects. These guidelines are tools for Metra Design, Stations & Parking staff, consultants, and municipalities to effectively and efficiently complete station and parking design projects.
Design Project Guidelines
- Station Design Guidelines, Revision Coming Soon
- Station Design Checklists, Revision Coming Soon
CADD Guidelines & Details
- CADD Manual, Revision 2, 3/16
- CADD Seed Files, 3/16
- Parking Details, Revised 10/17
- Platform Details, Revised 11/04 *
- Station Details, Revised 11/04 *
*NOTE: Although the content may be useful, Platform and Station Details and Sample Signage Plans require revision to match the latest revisions to the Station and Parking Design Guidelines and the Station Sign Program Specification.
- Metra Electric Main
- Metra Electric South Chicago
- Metra Heritage Corridor
- Metra North Central Service
- Metra Rock Island District Beverly Hills
- Metra Rock Island District Main
- Metra Southwest Service
- Milwaukee District North
- Milwaukee District West
- NICTD South Shore Branch
- Metra Union Pacific North
- Metra Union Pacific West
- Metra Union Pacific Northwest
- BNSF Map
- Metra Electric Blue Island
Within this page you will find many useful links to external documents and web sites.