Dear Ticket-by-Internet Customer,
Due to declining internet ticket sales, Metra is eliminating the Ticket-by-Internet program – which includes recurring orders and one-time sales of Monthly Passes and 10-Ride Tickets on its website. The last day to purchase a Monthly Pass (July) via this program will be June 20 and the last day to purchase a 10-Ride Ticket will be June 30. This action is part of a continuing effort by Metra to identify ways to reduce expenses.
Metra customers who have recurring website ticket orders or who make occasional one-time website purchases can use the following alternatives:
- Buy tickets from a ticket agent or ticket vending machine;
- Use the Ventra App, available for free download from the App Store or Google Play, to buy and display mobile tickets on their smartphone;
- Take advantage of their employer’s Transit Benefits program (if offered) to use pretax dollars to buy Metra tickets and have them delivered by mail each month.
Thank you for riding Metra
You can set up a My Metra account to schedule the regular delivery of Monthly Passes or 10-Ride Tickets.
- First, establish your account. My Metra is a password-protected account that you may establish on our website to track service alerts, set up email notification preferences, manage personal billing information and set up and manage recurring ticket orders.
- Next, place a ticket order you would like to receive every month. You can purchase up to two Monthly Passes or one Monthly and one 10-Ride or up to three 10-Rides per transaction online.
- Now, after you have entered all of your information including your credit card or debit card information. We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards. We also take debit cards as long as they have a MasterCard or Visa logo. Metra is using a secure, PCI-compliant, web server for its Internet ordering service.
- When you come to the Review Order page, click the box Create Recurring Order. Now on the order date you've established, the same order will be processed and charged to the credit or debit card you entered each month and the order will be mailed to you automatically. For instance, an order for one October Monthly Pass placed on Sept. 20 would be processed again on Oct. 20 for one November pass, then on Nov. 20 for a December pass, etc. No need to worry about ordering every month or accidentally missing the deadline for Monthly Pass sales (the 20th of the prior month). You can even schedule to skip a month if, for example, you are planning to go on vacation.