Metra wishes to announce that it is accepting applications for its ADA Advisory Committee.
The purpose of the Committee is to provide Metra with recommendations on Metra's compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), facilitate a dialogue between Metra and the disability community, and increase the use of Metra's services by people with disabilities.
Applicants must reside in the Metra service area. If you wish to apply, you must submit a cover letter and resume by mail to Jim Ferneborg, c/o Metra, 547 W. Jackson Blvd, Floor 14E, Chicago, IL 60661, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Meeting Dates
• Tuesday, February 4, 2020 - View Agenda
• Tuesday, May 5, 2020 - Meeting Postponed - New meeting date to be determined
• Tuesday, August 4, 2020
• Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Meetings are scheduled from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and are held in the 2nd floor Training Room at 547 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, Illinois.
Individuals wishing to attend any of these meetings and needing special accomodations should contact Jim Ferneborg seven days prior to the meeting date. He can be reached at 312-322-6766 or at email@example.com.
Metra ADA Advisory Committee Meeting
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Due to constraints caused by the COVID situation, the ADA Accessibility Committee will meet via telephone conference. Normally there are public comments at the end of these meetings. Because this will not be possible we are making the following alteration:
- You can send your comments to Jim Ferneborg at firstname.lastname@example.org and these will be read into the meeting minutes by the committee chairman.
- When the minutes of the August 4, 2020 meeting are produced, they will posted on the ADA webpage and can be read by anyone.
Click here for a list of committee members.
View Metra Rider's Guide & Stations Guide for Customers with Disabilities here.
ADA Advisory committee Meeting Minutes