Amerail cars date from 1995
New passenger amenities
- Doors now have sensitive edges, like elevators doors, so they will retract if they come in contact with a person or object in the way.
- Four new LED signs per car will assist all passengers, but especially passengers with hearing disabilities, with location announcements.
- New toilets and bathrooms
- New wheelchair lifts
- New composite floors and new seats that meet the latest safety regulations
Work done at Metra shop
- Work Detail: Employees become specialized, reaching high levels of efficiency to meet an aggressive production schedule.
- Dedicated Work Station: Promotes friendly competition, ignites motivation to boost performance and productivity.
- Technical Guidance: Clear technical instructions of each task have been drafted to ensure consistency and quality workmanship.
- Material Kitting: Pre-inspected components are delivered to the shop floor for on-time installation.
- Quality Assurance Team: The team receives, inspects and resolves all material issues, minimizing negative impact on the production schedule.
Four work stations
- Laptop computers
- Cell phones
- iPods and similar music players
- iPads and similar tablet computers
- Hair dryers
- Curling irons
- Electric Razors