Metra's purchasing functions are handled through Materials Management, which is comprised of three departments:
- Materials and Services Procurement
Purchases materials, equipment, and various services.
- Construction and Facilities Maintenance Procurement
Procures goods and services related to construction, facilities maintenance and other infrastructue projects.
- Professional Services Procurement
Contracts for architectural and engineering, IT, and other professional services.
Material and Stores
Material and Stores is responsible for the day-to-day activities related to the receipt, storage, distribution and replenishment of Metra's physical inventory.
Annual Procurement Plan
The Procurement Plan, updated quarterly, identifies potential contracting opportunities for goods and services anticipated by Metra Departments such as Engineering, Mechanical, Fleet and Facility Management, Finance, Information Systems and Materials and Stores. This document also includes information about vendor registrations and how Metra ensures that small, minority and women-owned businesses have equal opportunity to receive and participate in Metra contracts.
Create a My Metra for Business Account to download Invitations for Bids and Requests for Proposals from this website.
My Metra for Business
Creating a My Metra for Business Account allows you to:
- Download IFBs and RFPs from this website.
- Receive email notifications of updates on active IFBs and RFPs that were downloaded.
- Access your account containing recently downloaded files and active IFBs and RFPs.
- Manage your contact and active IFB/RFP information.
Metra Vendor Registration
Register as a Metra vendor to be included in our Vendor Database for products, services and construction opportunities.
Completing the online Vendor Registration form allows you to:
- Select the products and services your business provides from Metra's Class Code Index.
- Receive email notification of active IFBs and RFPs for the products and services you selected.
- Manage your vendor information and the products and services selected.
** For assistance , call 312-542-8357 and leave a recorded message. Your call will be returned as soon as possible during normal business hours.