Employment opportunities are not currently available for this position. However, Metra solicits and accepts resumes for this position on an ongoing basis in order to recruit and subsequently hire for future anticipated vacancies.
- This position will inspect, maintain, and repair passenger locomotives, including air brakes, diesel engines, air compressors, wheels and trucks.
- Responsible for the safety objectives, goals and program of the organization, ensuring compliance with applicable safety rules and regulations. Promotes safe work practices as well as maintains and fosters a safe work environment.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
- Qualified candidates will possess a Journeyman's card in the International Association of Machinists (preferably a Railroad local) or possess a minimum of four (4) years of experience performing the work of a Diesel Mechanic, preferably with a railroad.
- Must be able to use welding equipment.
Other Important Information
- May be subject to random drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted regarding drug and alcohol testing history on candidates who have worked for agencies subject to DOT regulations.
- Subject to a physical examination/drug test and background check to verify information regarding education, employment history, vehicle and criminal history.
- Only qualified candidates will receive consideration.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Metra, please send your cover letter which must include the position title, your resume and salary history to:
Metra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Metra / 547 W. Jackson Blvd. / Chicago, IL 60661