Metra is currently accepting applications for current and future vacancies for its Train Service Program
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
Qualified applicants must possess at least one of the following requirements to proceed to the assessment/interview process:
- Minimum of two years of train service experience with a railroad; OR
- 60 college level credit hours from an accredited college or university and must pass a preliminary operating rules assessment; OR
- Minimum of two years of active Metra employment, with operating rules qualification or minimum of two years of active Metra employment and must pass a preliminary operating rules assessment; OR
- Minimum of two years of active duty Military service and must pass a preliminary operating rules assessment.
- Must submit a copy of your college transcripts and/or diploma (if required); OR
- Must submit Military DD Form 214 (if required); AND
- Must provide three (3) letters of character and/or work-related letters of recommendation.
- Be a self- starter; able to work independently; and have an excellent work record;
- Be on 24-hour call (which includes working any District and any shift within the Metra region which could require traveling long distances with two (2) hours notice);
- Deliver excellent customer service with detail to handling cash transactions; and
- Promote safe work practices as well as maintain and foster a safe work environment.
Candidates are subject to a physical examination/drug test and background check to verify information regarding education, employment, vehicle and criminal history. This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted regarding drug and alcohol testing history on candidates who have worked for agencies subject to DOT regulations.
If you are interested in being considered for a position at Metra, please send your cover letter which must include the position title, your resume and salary history to:
Human Resources Department
547 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60661
Metra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.