Can you envision handling passenger train equipment while providing top-notch customer service? As an Assistant Conductor, you will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting career. Some of the duties that you will perform in connection with passenger train service include ensuring a safe environment for customers, providing customer service, and working hands-on with train equipment while conducting air tests, checking hand brakes and emergency lights.
Qualified applicants must possess at least one of the following requirements to be considered for the assessment/interview process:
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of train service experience at a railroad; OR
- 60 college level credit hours from an accredited college or university and must pass a preliminary operating rules assessment; OR
- Minimum of two years of active Metra employment, with operating rules qualification or minimum of two years of active Metra employment and must pass a preliminary operating rules assessment; OR
- Minimum of two years of active duty Military service and must pass a preliminary operating rules assessment.
- Must submit a copy of your college transcripts and/or diploma (if applicable); OR
- Must submit Military DD Form 214 (if applicable); AND
- Must provide three (3) letters of character and/or work-related letters of recommendation.
- Be a self-starter; able to work independently; and have an excellent work record;
- Be on 24-hour call (which includes working any District or shift within the Metra region which could require traveling long distances with two (2) hours notice); and
- Deliver excellent customer service with detail to handling cash transactions.
Other Important Information
- Selected candidates are subject to a physical examination/drug test and background check to verify information regarding education, employment, vehicle and criminal history.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Metra, please send your cover letter which must include the position title, your resume and salary history to:
Metra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Metra / 547 W. Jackson Blvd. / Chicago, IL 60661